Thursday, December 31, 2015

Hello, 2016!


I feel very preppy/70s inspired in this outfit. It's not exactly what people technically think of when they think of that decade, but the button-down skirt and cowl neck sweater definitely finds their origins in the 70s. I had been looking for a skirt like this since the fall, and finally was able to get one this Christmas. I found the sweater at the same time and they just seemed to be meant for each other. I paired it with my favorite boots to finish the look.














Tomorrow is not just a new day, but also a new year. For me, the last few days have also felt like 2016, and I have referred to them as such, but I actually am excited about this new beginning. I think it's the first time in my life that I have felt like the change in the year actually mattered or had any effect on my life. Perhaps this is just because I also start back to school in four-ish days, so my life really is about to be different. Regardless, I feel anxious and I'm ready to use this new year to get things done that I have previously neglected. I know everyone says that, and maybe it's true that in a few weeks I'll revert back to my old ways, but I really want to use this energy towards progress and hopefully advancement.

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope that 2016 is the year things start to fall into place for all of you and is filled with lots of love, experiences, and joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment