Monday, July 7, 2014

Printed Book Pages: July DIY Week

 I originally saw this DIY on Dana's blog, and I knew that I had to do it. I am such a book nerd, and being able to incorporate that into my room, other than with the stacks of books on my floors, just seemed perfect. This is honestly the easiest DIY I have ever done, and I am obsessed with it. I had to force myself to stop, it was getting out of hand.


What you'll need: 
An old book
Printer
Computer


So first thing first, you will need to find a picture. I know that Dana used on of her own sketches by scanning it, but I have the drawing capabilities of a toddler so I just searched Google images for some sketches. Remember if you use someone else's artwork you cannot sell it.


The next thing you need to do is tear the page out of the book. Some of the pages came out easily and others took time and patience so that I didn't ripe them. Use your best judgement. Then put your page into the correct area on your printer, and make sure that the words are upside down. That was my first mistake. My printer automatically identifies the size of the paper in the tray, but if yours does not you need to set it to the closest setting possible. Then press print and you're done.




I really love the way these look and I also like that they are one of those things that you can add to your room that is unique and different from what everyone else has. I also took it upon myself to be as clever as possible with the titles at the top of the page. I laugh every time I see the Prada sketch, but it just doesn't seem to resonate with many other people... It's the thought that counts? I really hope you enjoy this project as much as I do, however, I just don't think it's right that I leave out the errors I made throughout this.


Find a picture that is close to the shape of a book page. It doesn't look cool if the picture is smaller than the page, trust me I tried it.


Real pictures just don't have the same effect and words just hurt my eyes. It's too busy to appreciate.


And like I said, make sure your words are upside down when in the paper tray of your printer, because it's an easy mistake that makes a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment