Tuesday, July 7, 2015

July DIY Week - Starbucks Green Tea Lemonade Dupe

 I absolutely love Starbucks Tea/Lemonade drinks, so when I discovered a way to make them at home for a fraction of the price, I knew I had to give it a try. The directions are super easy, and the ingredients are so common, that I didn't even have to go to the store to get them. They were already at my house. 
I am so excited about this DIY, and can't wait to use it throughout the rest of the summer.

Ingredients:  
  • Green Tea: 1 bag
  • Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice: 2 Lemons (about 1/4 cup)
  • Granulated Sugar: 3 Tablespoons (And a little more to taste)
  • Boiling Water: 1/2 cup
  • Cold Water: 3/4 cup
  •  Ice Cubes: However much is desired
Directions:

Directions:

  1. Boil 1/2 cup of water. Once boiling, add 3 tablespoons of sugar and your green tea bag to the pot.  You're going to let the tea bag steep for around 3 minutes before discarding the bag. To make sure the sugar has dissolved, stir the green tea.
  2.  Next, add your lemon juice and cold water to the green tea mixture. Stir. 
  3. Taste to make sure it is not too tart, and then add sugar to taste if desired. 
  4. Pour over ice and enjoy! 
A serving size is about half of the pot, which makes a Tall serving at Starbucks.  Before the ice, this recipe makes about 1 ½ cups of green tea lemonade.


No comments:

Post a Comment